What is SAM?
The System for Award Management (SAM) is nine federal procurement systems combined into one along with the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance. SAM was designed to streamline the process of both obtaining and procuring federal contracts by integrating these systems. SAM was deployed in phases, beginning with the “Entity Management” capability and the Exclusions portion of the “Performance Information” capability at the end of July 2012.
Click the following link, if you are looking for SAM Renewal.
What systems will be included in SAM after all phases are complete?
Central Contractor Registration (CCR), Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA), and the Excluded Parties List System (EPLS), Federal Business Opportunities (FBO), Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA), Electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS), Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FFATA) Sub-award Reporting System (FSRS), Wage Determinations Online (WDOL), Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG), Past Performance and Information Retrieval System (PPIRS)
I work for the government and I use CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and/or EPLS to get information on procurement or financial assistance awards or as part of processing payments or other job responsibilities. How will that change?
- Data that was public in the legacy systems also remain public in SAM.
- If you have a government email account or perform searches from a government network, you’ll automatically get access to FOUO data.
- Your permissions have been migrated from CCR/FedReg, and EPLS to SAM.
- If you were a CCR Tools user and your access level was higher than FOUO or Proprietary, then you’ll need to apply for access to that higher level of data once you have a SAM account.
SAM Registration Requirements
- DUNS Information
- Business Information
- IRS Consent – Business & TIN Information
- CAGE / NCAGE
- General Information
- Financial Information
- Executive Compensation Questions
- Proceeding Questions
- Information Opt-Out
- Ownership Detail Disclosure
- Goods & Services
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes
- Product Service Codes (PSC)
- Size Metrics
- EDI Information
- Disaster Relief Response Information
Representations & Certifications (Reps & Certs):
- Certificate of Independent Price Determination
- Representation of Limited Rights Data and Restricted Computer Software
- Taxpayer Identification
- Small Disadvantaged Business Status
- Small Business Program Representations
- Place of Performance – Sealed Bidding
- Equal Low Bids
- FAR Responses to Architect-Engineer Responses
- DFARS Responses
Points of Contact (POCs):
- Accounts Receivable POC
- Electronic Business POC
- Government Business POC
- Past Performance POC
- Electronic Business Alternate POC
- Government Business Alternate POC
Small Business Certification:
- SBA Profile Creation
- Socio-economic Category Certifications
- Service Contract Reporting
- Bio-Preferred Reporting
- Active Exclusions
- Inactive Exclusions